The Liebster is for blogs with fewer than 200 followers. The rules require me to answer 11 questions, nominate 11 more bloggers, and make up 11 questions for them to answer.
The Eleven Questions I was asked:
1. What’s your writing goal for 2013? To finish writing my second novel. Then revise, edit, and polish it.
2. If you could write like any author (living or dead) who would it be, and why? Oh my. That’s a hard one. My first thought is Jane Austen, because even after 200 years, her works are still popular. But that seems like a cheat, because I don’t know if I’ve actually even read any of her stuff. There are so many current authors that I admire for their story telling: Kami Garcia, Kimberly Derting, Maggie Stiefvater, Stephenie Meyer, and Suzanne Collins just to name a few.
3. What was your favorite book as a teen? Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews. I wasn’t a very good reader, so I didn’t read a lot as a teen. But FitA was different, I looked forward to sneaking away to read – probably because I was sheltered and FitA was considered naughty.
4. What would be the best thing about getting a book published? For people to read my words and connect in a way that leaves them wanting more. Also, seeing a beautiful cover with my name on it, on a shelf in a book store.
5. Ancient Egypt, Classical Greece, Renaissance Italy. You have to go live in one. Pick one, and tell me why. Renaissance Italy for the art and fashion.
6. What’s the one thing that makes you decide not to finish reading a book you’ve started? I pretty much always finish reading, even if I’m not feeling it. I guess I’m always hoping it’ll get better. I am a true optimist. However, I have stopped reading on two occasions: once, because I just “wasn’t getting it” and the other was just “too slow” to keep my interest.
7. Tell me three things about the MC in the most recent book you’ve written. I’m only at about 5,000 words into my current WIP. She’s 15, angry, and keeps a photo face down under her socks in a drawer.
8. What’s the single best thing about writing? Creating.
9. Sea shell, oak leaf, rock, pine cone, cactus. Pick one, and tell me why. Definitely sea shell. There are so many different shapes, colors and sizes. And the creatures that live in them are amazing.
10. Do you hate or love editing/revising? I love editing. It’s like working on a piece of artwork, adding color and detail.
11. Scariest book. Ever. Why? The scariest book that I’ve read would have to be The House of Thunder by Dean Koontz.
Here are my 11 Nominees:
1. Natalie Traver because she collects fortunes, and so do I.
2. Dannie Morin because I like her answers to 10 Questions, especially 9 & 10
3. Amber Mauldin because she is an amazingly strong woman, and a talented writer.
4. Angi Black because she has some awesome gifs – and Sam and Dean!
5. Wendy Knight because of dinosaurs, My Little Pony, and tumors. Lol
6. Sarah Fiete entirely because of the stuff in her sidebar. She cracks me up.
7. Jenny Kaczorowski because she’s from the duct tape capitol of the world. Awesome.
8. Paula Lesso because she’s my bff and has webbed toes, like me.
9. Mary Schneider because she’s also a friend and animal lover.
10. Jessika Fleck because my finger slipped (lol) and she writes paranormal.
11. Mary Holm because I liked some of the things she said in her April 11, 2012 post on The Hunger Games. "I'm not the arbiter of What is Good and What is Bad. Being a writer myself, I don't like to pronounce judgements on a work of art that someone just poured her heart, soul and guts into." I wish more people followed that rule.
And finally here are my Eleven Questions:
1. What inspired you to start writing?
2. What are your all-time favorite books?
3. What would be the best thing about being published?
4. What is your greatest achievement in life so far, and why?
5. Tell me about an embarrassing moment.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
7. What is the most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
8. Who would you be most excited to meet in person?
9. Fur, feathers, or scales. Pick one and tell me why.
10. What are your biggest pet peeves?
11. What are your hopes for 2013?